In this tutorial I will guide you how to decompile apk to source code in just one click.
APK file is compressed form of java classes, XML and several other files. As an android developer you may require to decompile apk file to get actual source code. Like if you saw an app with awesome design and you want to know how to implement that design in your project. We use reverse engineering process to get the source code.
There are several tools available on the internet like dex2jar, apktool, etc. that will help you to convert apk to soruce code. But for that you have to run several commands and follow lengthy process.
Luckily I found a great online apk decompiler tool www.javadecompilers.com. This tool uses an open sources APK and DEX decompiler known as jadx. It will help you to obtain source code from apk file in just one click.
How to Decompile APK to Source Code
1. First of all go the below link.
2. Now select the apk file by Choose File option and then click on Upload and Decompilebutton.
3. It will take time to decompile depending upon the size of the file.
4. After decompilation process finished, click on Save button to download the source code.
You can also watch below video tutorial.
Isn’t it very simple? Yes off course. This tool will let you decompile any apk file, if still you are facing any issue then you can find the general long method at below link.
Comment below if you are facing any problem. If you found this tutorial useful then please take your few seconds to share it.
A tool for reverse engineering 3rd party, closed, binary Android apps. It can decode resources to nearly original form and rebuild them after making some modifications. It also makes working with an app easier because of the project like file structure and automation of some repetitive tasks like building apk, etc.
It is NOT intended for piracy and other non-legal uses. It could be used for localizing, adding some features or support for custom platforms, analyzing applications and much more.
- Disassembling resources to nearly original form (including
- Rebuilding decoded resources back to binary APK/JAR
- Organizing and handling APKs that depend on framework resources
- Smali Debugging (Removed in
2.1.0in favor of IdeaSmali)
- Helping with repetitive tasks
- Java 7 (JRE 1.7)
- Basic knowledge of Android SDK, AAPT and smali
- Sourcetoad – helping with a weekly sponsorship for continued improvement and maintenance of the project.
- Read Install Docs
Links of Interest
- XDA Thread – For those who wish to communicate on XDA-Developers for community support
- Smali Project – Smali Project is the tool used in the disassembling of
- Gitter #apktool – Gitter Channel for support, bugs and discussions
- Freenode #apktool – IRC Channel for support, bugs and discussions